Friday, September 24, 2010

Lollipops: Nutella Loving

Three years ago, I came across something that has since changed my life. I went to a restaurant that I had never been to before and noticed some different sauce packets on the table. I got excited when I saw a product called "Nutella," thinking it was delicious peanut butter. Automatically, I spread the Nutella on a piece of break and dove in. I soon realized that this spread was not in fact the peanut butter I craved, but it was so much better. It was chocolate, it was creamy, it was hazelnut. It was Nutella.
Now I try to have a jar of Nutella in my home at all times. It tastes great on animal crackers, graham crackers, and even as plain spoonfuls.

Here are a few recipes I have tried in the past:

Nutella-Strawberry Sandwich
Cut pound cake into one inch thick slices. Spread one side of each slice with Nutella.
Thinly slice fresh strawberries to half of the slices.
Place one slice of cake onto the other, forming a sandwich.
Use a George Foreman Lean Mean Fat Reducing Grilling Machine to make this sandwich a Panini.
There you have a delicious meal for any time of day!

 As the French say: “Pain a chocolat”

Use store bought croissant dough, and lay each piece flat.
Brush one side with melted butter.
Place one teaspoon of Nutella near the bottom (wide side) of the triangle.
Roll into croissant shape.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until the croissants are golden brown.

Next recipe to try: Nutella Brownies!

No comments:

Post a Comment