Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sunshine: I want to go to there

During Spring Break, I go the opportunity to visit one of my best friends in Quito, Ecuador where she had been studying abroad for a year. I saw a completely new part of the world-where I could stay at a hostel for $6 a night, where children sold pirated DVDs on the bus, and places where I strongly risked getting stabbed if I walked there. It was a brand new experience, and even though I was only there for a week it changed my world view. I had never seen such poverty or experienced fear to that extent.

While parts were scary, I also go to do something that I had always wanted to do: go zip lining. And not just regular zip lining- this was in the middle of a rainforest, and it was upside down:
Since then, I have seen a little more of the world but feel that there is so much more to see! I found this photo online, and was inspired to have moments like that in life:

In my life I want to visit:
1. Greece. No particular island, but the entire country. It looks like the most beautiful place ever.
2. Israel. So much history, beauty, and the Dead Sea.
3. Australia. Great Barrier Reef + Kangaroos.
4. Spain and Morocco. The culture, passion, and sangria intrigues me.
5. Egypt. I was obsessed as a child, and feel the need to see the pyramids.
6. Russia. The cold, the vodka, the accents.
7. China. This country is a mystery to me.
8. South Africa. Beautiful landscape, history
9. Argentina, Brazil, Peru. I want to experience more South America. Plus you can eat things like guinea pig:

10. Canada. Eh? I've never been...why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment