Sunday, September 26, 2010

The one thing I am not positive about.

Science in Perspective.
To the few people interested in learning about Laws of Thermodynamics, Joules, Inertia, and centripetal force, this would be an ideal course.

For me however, this is the darkest point in my week.

First off, this class has everything working against it:
-It is a science class.
-It is in Moody Hall (no windows, and possible the ugliest building on campus).
-It is on the top floor.
-It is from 5:25-6:40, Tuesdays and Thursdays.

On the first day I came in with an open mind, knowing that this was the last science class I would ever take in my life. I thought, "I have not done science in four year- maybe they changed it." I was mistaken. I do not think there is any way for me to enjoy a class on a subject matter I can never foresee myself needing ever in life.

I have tried to rationalize and put a place where I might need to know how to calculate Energy or Acceleration. I have yet to find an answer to this. As a Media Communication major with an aspiration to be a Cruise Director, how is this necessary?

There are a few things that get me through the class. One is the funny magnets or juggling balls that my professor brings out. Another is practicing writing notes with my left hand (I still do not know what we learned that day.) Another time, I doodled an image of King Henry VIII the entire time. And honestly, it is not this professor's fault that I despise science- that hatred began back in the fourth grade.

As I sit here, beginning to study I realized that even though this blog is "homework," I would much rather write this than even begin to think about doing scientific calculations.

No comments:

Post a Comment