Thursday, November 11, 2010

Lollipops: Old Ebbitt Grill

Old Ebbitt Grill is a historic saloon founded in 1856. Since it is in the center of Washington, D.C., it is frequented by politicians and tourists alike. Due to the long history (and delicious food) I made sure that this restaurant was in the schedule for my trip to DC.

Our group was seated in the atrium, a beautiful indoor area with dark wood booths and multiple plants. We were instructed to "treat ourselves," and order anything that we could eat. Appetizers, main courses, and desserts.

Whenever restaurants host a "German" plate, I will always order it to embrace my inner-German. This means a plate full of sausage and sauerkraut. I could not handle the amount of meat on my plate.

I had to save room for dessert, in which I ordered a Blondie. Ice cream, fudge, and a blonde brownie mafe up this fantastic end to my meal.

Here are a few photos from the experience:



Two Hilltop Leaders (Mallory and Isabel) and I:

 

The bread pudding and Irina: 

Chocolate cake!:


The BLONDIE:

No comments:

Post a Comment