Friday, November 26, 2010

Sunshine: Arrested Development

Somehow I missed out on the comedy "Arrested Development" until recently. I have watched all three seasons in the past week and a half. This show is fantastic- smart, witty, and laughable.

So many careers were created or renewed with this show: Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Portia de Rossi, and David Cross are just a few. The cast is perfect in their roles as odd and dysfunctional family members. Each has their vice: be it a failing acting career, booze and insults, or an incestuous love for a cousin.

I am sad that I missed out on this show for so many years. It won many awards and was critically acclaimed, but it never achieved the popularity that it deserved.


Now, a movie is in development. I cannot wait to see what the writers will come up with. The series finale ended with many questionable plot devices. I think that it will be fantastic.

And, in case you are interested, many of the episodes are available on Hulu.

No comments:

Post a Comment