Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunshine: Austin Fail

I have lived in Austin for two and a half years now, and yet feel no connection with the city. I am constantly hearing about all of the concerts, festivals, bridge parties, and just plain weird events that people attend. I don't know what I am doing with my time, but it certainly does not involve these things.


When I tell out of touch family members about living in Austin, they always tell me how jealous they are that I love in such a cool, young city. I have nothing to respond because I rarely get out to the interesting places.

I feel like a complete Austin  failure, and have only one semester to take it all in.

What I have done is:
-Swim in Barton Springs
-Eat a Hey Cupcake!
-Shop down South Congress
-Try several pizza places
-Attend one (Yes, only one) concert



Add in a dozen or so theatre performances, and that is all I have.

I am so jealous of the people who constantly are out doing sing-a-longs or hitting up Sixth Street or runnning in Zilker Park.

What can I do to become more "Austiny" in my last semester?

No comments:

Post a Comment