Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Lollipops: Local "Pub Grub"

I spent last summer eating, drinking, and having a jolly good time in British pubs. I recently felt a longing for fish 'n' chips, a pint, and the ambiance of pub culture.

Then, I found the Dog and the Duck Pub. This little pub downtown gave me everything that I needed, and felt authentically British. From the dart board, to the abundance of beer taps, I felt like I had entered another country. The dark wood decor, scarlet booths, and bottles of malt vinegar amplified my desire for fried food and Guinness. Both of these were soon appeased.

With meals around $10 and specials on drinks, the Dog and the Duck is worth a try. Call it a cultural experience.

I highly recommend stopping by for a quaint, UK-inspired meal (and a beer).

No comments:

Post a Comment