Saturday, October 9, 2010

Rainbows: 90's Relapse

Two of my favorite movies growing up were Big and It Takes Two. I have not seen either of these in eight years, so I decided to look back on them this weekend.

My main thought afterward was: What were the 90's (and late 80's) thinking?

Both movies host ridiculous plots that seemed totally normal for me as a child.

 First off, Big.


While this scene  may be one of the greatest in movie history...

...the rest of the movie is just inappropriate. Why did the "big" version of a 13 year-old boy have sex with his co-worker? If I was that co-worker and found out that I had slept with a 13 year-old I would freak out! When I first watched this movie at the age of 10 i was fine with their romantic relationship...but now, I find it disgusting!

Now, It Takes Two.
Yes, Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen were adorable children. I was obsessed with this movie back in the day...but now, the plot does not work at all. Identical strangers? Two people falling in love after sepending 20 minutes together? An expensive wedding dress that rips apart from one step on the train? (skip to 5:28)

Not to mention the 90's fashion...high waisted jeans, scrunchines, a touch of shoulder pads.

But for nostalgia's sake, it is a fun romp to watch these favorites at the age of 21.



No comments:

Post a Comment