Friday, October 22, 2010

Sunshine: Just like a pro'

Wearing slacks, a name tag, a tucked in shirt, and carrying a portfolio, I am currently the definition of "professional." It took a while to get me here, but with practice I now know how to dress myself as a pro and talk like one too (but only when necessary).
Throughout my involvement in Hilltop Leadership Development, I have been trained on how to become more like a grown up professional lady.

These are the key things I have learned:
1. Nametags make an individual look way more important.
2. Come up with a question- any question- to ask someone in a meeting or interview.
3. BE ONE TIME. To be early is a virtue.
4. A matching belt and shoe combination class up any ensemble.
5. Always reread an email before sending it to an adult...I have seen so many "i"s and misspelled words.

All of these are going into practice today when I visit the State Capitol and meet with two representatives! I am less than two weeks away from the big show in DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment