Monday, October 25, 2010

Rainbows: Is this real life?

Never has an episode of television so perfectly mirrored my life in a significant moment than this episode of "How I Met Your Mother."

Now kids, it all started when I received a photo text message from my mom:


"It's official!"

I was shocked: my 47-year-old mother has only been dating for five months, and she is engaged!?!
I was flooded with more texts about how excited she is, and even got a text from her new fiancee saying, "I truly love your mother. She is the greatest woman I have ever met."

All the while, I am left questioning the entire situation.

The day after I found out about the engagement, I happened to watch an episode from "How I Met Your Mother" named "Home Wreckers."

In this episode, Ted's recently divorced mother announces her engagement to a man named Clint. Her new fiancee, like my own mother's, is not afraid to share his feelings about their affection and altogether give too much information.

At their wedding, Ted says to his friends, "I can't believe she lapped me. My mom is on her second marriage before I even get one of my own."

When I watch TV, I usually have "my character" picked out. This is the person that I like the most because they remind me of myself.

That day, I realized that I am a Ted. Single, snobby, romantic Ted.

No comments:

Post a Comment